Wilf Slack Young Cricketers’ Development Trust
The aim of the Wilf Slack Young Cricketer’ Trust (WSYCDT) is to assist in providing and promoting opportunities for aspiring young players to develop their skills in order to advance to a competitive level of match cricket. Among the aims would be to assist those who may not be able to join an established cricket club and extend the range of opportunities.
Recent grant awards include:
- Funding to sustain schools cricket delivery in Cornwall, delivered by the Cornwall Cricket Trust.
- Providing bursaries to children from disadvantaged communities and low-income families, allowing 240 five to eight-year olds access the All Stars Cricket programme in 2018. All Stars cricket is the ECB’s entry level programme for children. The bursaries have been distributed via the Middlesex Cricket Participation Team.
- Funding to support an outreach cricket project in Sittingbourne delivered by the Kent Council Children in Care Team.
- Coaching bursaries to adults and young people to access the first stage of the ECB coaching pathway in Middlesex. Candidates receiving the bursaries complete a Coach Support Worker course and are applying their skills back in clubs, schools and community environments to support the growth of junior cricket opportunities.
- Providing partnership funding to clubs and schools for the instalment of Non-turf pitches or Flicx pitches, enabling more junior matches to be played.
- Funding to support the Wilf Slack Flyers – a project to identify talented young people who have ambitions to play representative cricket in North London. The players represent North London in the ECB City Cup Tournament and have the opportunity to be identified by County & MCC Pathway coaches.
If you have a project that provides opportunities for more young people to access and excel in the game and requires partnership funding to implement, please email the Trustee’s at [email protected]
- A brief description of the project
- How this will grow participation or help young people develop their skills, please include output numbers where applicable
- Costs of the project – please outline any partnership funding secured or applied for
- Amount being requested from the WSYCDT
- Timeline on when the project will be delivered